Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Carriage
(including guaranteed service refunds)
- As a condition precedent to recovery, claims must be made in writing to the originating or delivering Carrier within thirty (30) days after date of shipment. Claims not filed within the time limits specified will not be honoured.
- Claims for concealed loss or damage shall be reported in writing to the delivering Carrier at the destination within fifteen (15) days after delivery of the shipment, and the Carrier shall be given the privilege of making an inspection of the shipment in its original container and internal packing.
- Suits or actions at law to enforce a claim shall be instituted only within two years and one day after the date notice in writing is given by the Carrier to the claimant that the claim or any part or parts thereof have been disallowed by the Carrier.
- Statements of claim should give the number of the waybill, the date of the shipment, the names and addresses of the consignor and consignee, the nature and description of the shipment and the nature and description of the damage complained of. The original waybill and a copy of the original invoice showing the value of the merchandise lost or damaged should accompany statements of claim.If a copy of the original invoice is not available a notarized statement attesting to the cost of the merchandise, at the time of the original purchase, is required.
Misrepresentation – If a person applying for insurance falsely describes the property to the prejudice of the insurer or misrepresents or fraudulently omits to communicate any circumstance that is material to be made known to the insurer in order to enable it to judge of the risk to be undertaken, the contract is void as to any property in relation to which the misrepresentation or omission is material.
Fraud – Any fraud or willfully false statement in a statutory declaration in relation to any of the above particulars violates the claim of the person making the declaration.
Transportation Charges – No claim shall be honored or entertained until all transportation charges covering the shipment in question are paid in full. Such cost if not paid may be deducted from the settlement of such claim.
PROOF OF DELIVERY
- Proof of delivery charge may be assessed if the hard copy signature of the receiver is requested.
- Requests for proof of delivery MUST be made within ninety (90) days from the date shown on the waybill.
When “Proof of Delivery” cannot be established, “Proof of Delivery” charge shall be refunded.
- Waybill Facsimile charges will be assessed for production and delivery of waybill copy.
PREPAID OR COLLECT SHIPMENTS
- Except as otherwise provided, shipments will be accepted for transportation between all agency stations on the lines of the participating Carriers.
Prepaid –upon payment of applicable transportation charges by the consignor at the time the shipment is presented to the Carrier.
Collect –with the understanding that applicable transportation charges will be paid by the consignee at the time the shipment is delivered. Shipments will not be accepted as charges collect which, in the judgment of the Carrier’s agent at point of origin would not, at forced sales, realize the total amount of transportation charges due at destination.
Collect shipments will NOT be accepted to destinations on the lines of the participating Carriers who accept “Prepaid” shipments only.
THIRD PARTY BILLING
Upon receipt of a letter from a Greyhound Package Express account holder, in good standing, authorizing third party shipping on their account, with shipping locations identified by physical address, Greyhound Package Express will accept shipping documentation where the account number is not that of the shipper or receiver. When the shipper provides a Greyhound Package Express shipping document that has the account number of a third party it is agreed that the shipper has requested that Greyhound Package Express bill a third party for the shipment. The shipper agrees that they will ultimately be liable for, and agrees to pay, all charges relating to said shipment (including without limitation, all taxes and duties) if the third party does not pay.
PERSONAL SHIPMENTS PAYMENT TERMS
- Charges for personal shipments are Prepaid only. This payment term applies when the shipment is from an individual person to another individual person or when the shipper and consignee are the same person.
Acceptance and Conditions of Acceptance of C.O.D. Express Shipments:
- C.O.D. Express shipments, of not more than two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00) in declared or released value, will be accepted for transportation only when carried entirely between applicable agency stations on the routes of the participating Carriers. The $2,500.00 maximum must include the GST in the total, however all other charges may be in excess of the maximum amount.
- C.O.D. means Collect on Delivery, i.e.., collecting from the consignee (Receiver) all associated charges which include Collect Charges, Express Charges, Express Valuation Charges, C.O.D. fee and the amount of the C.O.D. at the time of delivery of the shipment and remitting the amount of the C.O.D. to the consignor (shipper).
- Only one C.O.D. amount will be shown in connection with a single shipment or lot shipment (not exceeding (5) five pieces), which may be charged dependent upon time or conditions of payment.
- The shipper must have the letters “C.O.D. ” clearly and durably marked on each piece of the C.O.D. shipment.
- C.O.D. shipment will be shipped ONLY from participating Carrier’s company terminals. C.O.D. shipments will be received at ANY participating Carrier’s company terminal or agency destination. C.O.D. shipments are NOT accepted to any destination not served by a participating Carrier. All C.O.D. shipments must be picked-up from the destination station.
- The following shipments will NOT be accepted as C.O.D.:
- Interline C.O.D. shipments between Carriers. (Except between participating Carriers.)
- Shipments destined to a receiver whose address is indicated as being at a jail, mental health facility or penitentiary.
- Shipments addressed to a receiver at a non-permanent address.
- Shipments addressed to governmental agencies unless shipped by governmental agencies.
- Shipments on which the total C.O.D. amount (including GST) to be collected on delivery exceeds two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500.00).
- Shipments billed to one firm or person with instructions to collect charges from another firm or person.
- C.O.D. pieces billed on the same waybill with pieces not moving C.O.D. Only pieces covered by one C.O.D. amount will be accepted on one waybill.
- Shipments of perishables will not be accepted unless prior arrangements with the Carrier have been made.
- The following will not be allowed by the Carrier:
- Credit will NOT be extended on the amount of the C.O.D.
- Partial collection of the C.O.D. amount will NOT be made.
- Examination (unwrapping) or trial by the receiver, or partial delivery of the C.O.D. shipments to the receiver will NOT be allowed prior to acceptance of the C.O.D. and collection of the entire C.O.D. amount and its associated charges.
Disposition of refused or unclaimed C.O.D. Express Shipments
- C.O.D. Express Shipments will be held for pick-up at the destination for ninety-six (96) hours (4 days). Within this period, if the shipment is not picked-up, refused, or goes unclaimed after three contact attempts, the receiving agent at the destination will notify the Shipper of the refused or unclaimed C.O.D. in writing and request instructions as to the disposition of the shipment. A return of the C.O.D. to the shipper will occur immediately upon their request or after seven (7) days with no reply from the original shipper contact. Upon return, the shipper must pay for all associated charges which included Collect Charges, Originating Express Charges, Express Valuation Charges, Storage Charges, Communication Charges, Return Express Charges and single C.O.D. fee.
- When a shipment containing perishable articles is delayed in the possession of the Carrier, or is unclaimed, refused, or is beginning to deteriorate, the Carrier will have the right to take immediate steps, without shipper’s instructions to return (with all associated charges) or dispose of the C.O.D. for the protection of the Carrier and other parties.
- The shipper and receiver shall remain liable for any remaining charges not covered by the proceeds of the sale of disposal of the C.O.D.
- Refused or unclaimed C.O.D. shipments or the release of the C.O.D. amount after full payment of C.O.D. charges, may be arranged as follows:
- By written instructions noted on the waybill or receipt at the time of shipment, or
- By communication with the Carrier, who will transmit the instructions from the Carrier’s originating agent to the destination agent, at the expense of the shipper.
Collection, form of payment and remittance of C.O.D. amounts
- The amount of C.O.D. bills including C.O.D. fee, collect station-to-station transportation charges and fees, Excess Valuation Charges and all other applicable charges on C.O.D. shipments must be collected at the time such shipments are delivered to the consignee.
- Only cash, debit card, money order or bank cashier’s cheque (certified cheque) made out in the name of the delivering Carrier will be accepted in payment of C.O.D. amount.
- C.O.D. funds will be held in a separate trust account of the Carrier until remitted to the shipper. This does not apply when remittance of the C.O.D. funds to the shipper is made on the same or next business day. The Carrier will remit each C.O.D amount directly to the shipper or designated person, within thirty (30) days after collection of C.O.D. bill.
- The Carrier shall maintain a concise and detailed record of all C.O.D. shipments received for delivery. Carrier reports will show the following information with respect to each shipment.
- Number and date of waybill or receipt.
- Name and post office address of the shipper or other designated person to be paid.
- Name and address of consignee.
- Date shipment delivered or returned (refused or unclaimed).
- Amount of C.O.D.
- Date collected by Carrier.
- Date remitted to shipper or designate.
- Cheque number or other identification of remittance to shipper or designate who was paid.
- Single shipment C.O.D. claims will be based on the declared value or actual value, whichever is the lesser amount.
- Lot shipment C.O.D. claims (for total loss) will be based on the declared value or actual value, whichever is the lesser amount.
- Lot shipment C.O.D. claims will be processed according to the declared value or the actual value of the loss or damage sustained, whichever is the lesser amount. Where the actual value of the shipment exceeds the declared value, the Carrier will adjust any claim for loss or damage on the same ratio that the value of such loss or damage bears to the total value of the shipment.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
Application of rates and charges
- The rates and charges published are shown in dollars and are payable in lawful Canadian currency. Prices subject to all applicable taxes and fuel surcharges. Customers should call the number on their invoice to report invoice discrepancies. Invoice/billing discrepancies must be brought to Greyhound’s attention within 90 days of the date of invoicing following which time such invoices will be deemed accepted by the Customer
- FUEL SURCHARGES: For information on the applicable surcharges, please go to www.shipgreyhound.ca.
- ADDITIONAL SURCHARGES: Greyhound reserves the right to implement new surcharges as they become necessary.
- Pricing is based on the cumulative of the greater of either the dimensional or actual weight of each piece.
- Domestic Cubic Weight Formula: (length x width x height) in inches ÷ 1,728 x 10 = cubic weight in pounds If no weight is indicated, Greyhound Package Express may apply a default weight with a minimum of 20 pounds.
NOTE: For multiple-piece shipments the total weight of the shipment is calculated based on the cumulative of the greater of either the dimensional or actual weight of each piece.
Greyhound Package Express reserves the right to re-weigh all packages or take the Volumetric weight (also referred to as Dimensional or Cubic Weight), and charge the highest of the total re-weigh or total Volumetric weight per package. Volumetric weight is calculated by multiplying the dimensions of your package by a factor of 10 lbs per cubic foot for Domestic shipments and 15 lbs per cubic foot for International shipments. The customer acknowledges that charges based on the weight determined by Greyhound Package Express shall be levied and agrees to pay same.
- Shipments may be valued by the shipper up to but not exceeding one hundred ($100.00) dollars, without additional charge.
- Shipments may be valued by the shipper at amounts equal to the value of the shipment.
- Where either the VALUE, as agreed upon between the Carrier and the shipper, and evidenced by the uniform receipt given to the shipper by the Carrier at the time of shipment or within a reasonable time thereafter or as otherwise agreed upon, or the DECLARED VALUE, as stated in writing by the shipper exceeds the amounts set forth and provided for in paragraphs (a) and (b) above, Excess Value Charges will be assessed in accordance with the provisions contained in Special Charges hereof.
Value – Carrier’s liability is limited to one hundred ($100.00) dollars per shipment, unless higher value is declared at the time of shipment. Where the actual value of a shipment exceeds the declared value, the Carrier shall adjust any claim for loss or damage on the same ratio that the value of such loss or damage bears to the total value of the shipment. In no event will the Carrier be liable for more than one hundred ($100.00) dollars per shipment, unless specifically agreed upon in advance by the Carrier. Shipments carried exclusively on the participating Carriers may be insured up to a maximum of $10,000.00 charge accounts only. Shipments with a declared value between $1000.00 and a maximum of $10,000.00 must have pre-authorization from National Customer Service. Non-charge account shipments declared values up to a maximum of $1,000.00.
Weight – No single package will be accepted for transportation, which exceeds one hundred (100) lbs (actual weight). Any single piece of freight exceeding 50lbs (actual weight) must either have a Heavy Sticker or Heavy Luggage Handle Tag affixed to the shipment.
Size – No single package will be accepted for transportation which exceeds twenty-four (24″) inches in height, forty (40″) inches in width or breadth and eighty-four (84″) in length.
Receiving and Forwarding Shipments
- A waybill, on the form prescribed by the Company, must be given for each shipment received for transportation. The waybill must be tendered at the time shipment is received by the Carrier, or within a reasonable time thereafter, or as may otherwise be specifically agreed upon by the shipper and Carrier. The value of the property shipped must be declared by the shipper and inserted on the waybill at the time of shipment.
Notice of Arrival
- Notice to consignee of arrival of a shipment at destination will be made, either:
- By telephone, if consignee is on a local telephone exchange which does not require the payment of toll charges, OR
- In writing by mail.
- In electronic form by email or text message.
- Any demand for notice to consignee by telephone, which involves toll charges, directory assistance, or by telegram, must be entered on the waybill. If such telephone notice is requested, the telephone number of the consignee must be shown on the waybill or Package. The consignee will pay additional charges for any such special service.
Refused or Unclaimed Shipments
- Shipments, which are unclaimed or refused for any reason, will be held at the destination, or other secure storage area as designated by the Carrier, for a period or time not to exceed thirty (30) days, pending receipt of instructions from the consignor or the consignee as to the disposition of such shipments. The receiving agent at the destination will notify the consignor (shipper) at origin when a shipment has been on hand and is unclaimed and will request instructions as to the disposition of the shipment.
- If a shipment is returned to the consignor at his request, the following charges will be assessed:
- Prepaid shipments: return Express Charges plus any accrued Storage Charges, OR
- Collect shipments: Express Charges for round-trip transportation, plus any accrued Storage Charges.
- An unclaimed or refused shipment will be re-forwarded to another destination upon request of the consignor, provided payment is made of all accrued charges. In addition, the consignee will be charged Express Charges from the original destination to the final destination.
- Shipments which are unclaimed for thirty (30) days, will be forwarded to the unclaimed Express Warehouse of the originating Carrier. In the event the consignor later requests the return of the shipment ( within sixty (60) days) the shipment will be returned upon payment of all accrued charges, and the applicable Express Charges for transportation from the original destination of the shipment to the unclaimed Express Warehouse of the Carrier, and from such warehouse to the point to which the shipment is returned.
- Shipments which remain unclaimed for a period of sixty (60) days after due notice of arrival has been given, may be sold for accumulated charges in accordance with the laws of the province.
- When a shipment, which contains perishable articles, is delayed in the possession of the Carrier, or is unclaimed, refused or threatened with deterioration the Carrier shall have the right to immediately take such steps as it sees fit for the protection of the Carrier and other parties in interest including collect communications for instructions, or sale or other disposition of such perishable articles without instructions.
- No sale or disposal pursuant to this Rule shall discharge any liability or lien to any greater extent than the proceeds thereof, less selling expenses, if any, and the shipper and consignee shall remain liable, jointly and severally, for any deficiency.
- Unless caused in whole or in part by its own negligence or that of its employees or agents, Carriers shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
- The act or default of the shipper or owner.
- The nature of the property, or defect, or inherent vice therein.
- Improper or insufficient packing, securing or addressing.
- Acts of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, riots, strikes, perils of navigation, the hazards or dangers incident to state of war, or occurrence in customer’s warehouse.
- Accidents, breakdowns, poor road or weather conditions or other causes beyond the control of the Carrier.
- Unless caused in whole or in part by its own negligence, or that of its employees or agents, the Carrier shall not be liable for:
- Difference in weight or quantity caused by shrinkage, leakage or evaporation.
- Loss or damage to Express shipments or packages, which contain undisclosed prohibited articles.
- The participating Carriers do not agree to deliver Standard Service (for any particular market occasion or event, or on any particular lines) and do not guarantee to arrive at or depart from any particular point at a specified time. The time schedules published by the Carriers are the schedules that they endeavour to maintain, but same are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice (Unless guaranteed by product specification).
- In consideration of the rate charged for carrying said property, which is dependent upon the value thereof and is based upon valuation of not exceeding one hundred ($100.00) dollars for any shipment, the participating Carriers shall not be liable in any event for more than one hundred ($100.00) dollars for any shipment, unless a greater value is declared by the shipper at the time of shipment and Excess Value Charges paid. In no event shall the Carriers be liable for more than actual damages sustained to the goods.
- Express shipments will be stored for seventy-two (72) hours without charge. After seventy-two (72) hours, a Storage Charge of two ($2.00) dollars per day or fraction thereof, will be made for each shipment.
- The allowable Free Storage Time of seventy-two (72) hours will be computed from the first 7:00 A.M. after the day upon which the consignee is notified that the shipment has been received at the destination. In the computation of the Free Storage Time, Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays (Federal, Provincial or Municipal), but not half holidays will be excluded. When a legal holiday falls on Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday will be excluded; any fractional part of twenty four (24) hours will be considered as one (1) day.
- If the quality or character of the contents of a shipment to be stored, is such that the facilities of the Carrier do not, in their opinion, offer protection from injury, deterioration, damage, or theft, the Carriers reserve the right to place such shipment in a public warehouse at the expense of the consignee or consignor, as their interests may appear, in which case the regular charges of such public warehouse will be assessed.
Greyhound Package Express may accept Shipments that require special handling. All Shipments, whether Courier pick up or Station drop off, that require special handling will have an additional charge of $9.00 (nine dollars) applied: including, without limitation, the following: (i) Non-packaged (unboxed) articles (excluding Greyhound Package Express Doculetters and Docupaks); (ii) Objects not fully encased in a suitable shipping container (e.g., tires, pails, articles wrapped in stretch wrap); (iii) Articles which, due to their nature (e.g., size, shape, packaging, contents), are deemed by Greyhound package Express, in its sole discretion, to require special handling (e.g., liquids, wooden or metal crates, exhaust systems, grain augers). The payment of Special Handling charges in respect of a particular Shipment, whether Courier pick up or Station drop off, does not affect Greyhound Package Express’ maximum liability stated in these Terms and Conditions or the classification of such Shipment traveling at the Shipper’s risk as stated in these Terms and Conditions (see Shipper’s Risk for details).
Greyhound Package Express may accept Shipments that have pieces that are not standard in size. All Shipments that have a piece measuring over 54” (137 cm) will have an oversize charge applied: A single shipment will only be charged one of the Special Handling or Oversize Piece charge. The payment of Oversize Piece charges in respect of a particular Shipment, whether Courier pick up or Station drop off, does not affect Greyhound Package Express’ maximum liability stated in these Terms and Conditions or the classification of such Shipment traveling at the Shipper’s risk as stated in these Terms and Conditions (see Shipper’s Risk for details).
Excess Value Charges
- All express shipments must have pre-authorization from National Customer Service (NCS) for shipments with a declared value of $1000.00 and up to $10,000.00 (CAD) for travel on Greyhound, Grey Goose, Voyageur Corp. and PMCL.
- Rates published are dependent upon and vary with the declared value of the property, and are based upon property declared to be of a value not exceeding one hundred ($100.00) dollars.
- When the declared value exceeds that stated above, the charges will be three percent (3%) of value in excess of $100.00 free value allowance up to a maximum of ten thousand ($10,000.00) dollars, charge account only, non-charge account up to a maximum of one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars, unless specifically agreed upon in advance by the Carrier, in accordance with approved operating authorities.
- C.O.D. shipments are not to be insured in excess of $2,500.00.
PACKAGING, MARKING, LABELING AND CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
The Company will not accept shipments for transportation which do not comply with or meet the requirements detailed below.
- All shipments must be packed in containers made of material strength, durability and quality sufficient to withstand the normal course of handling both manually and by automated means. Packaging must also be able to sustain stacking and movement during the normal course of transport via motor coach, pup trailer, tractor trailer, pick up and delivery vehicle, aircraft and any associated ground handling equipment and load devices. Internal packaging should be adequate to hold the contents in place to further safeguard the shipment during transport. Packaging is to be secured with proper shipping tape noting that string or twine should not be used as a means to secure the package. Brown paper wrap or gift wrap is not acceptable due to the possibility of the wrap becoming removed in transit thereby removing all shipment information. Shipper warrants the containers used will comply with these requirements to the extent that they will afford safe handling, reasonable and proper protection of contents and protection against damage to other shipments. Shippers may be liable for damage howsoever caused by their failure to comply with these requirements. The name and address of the consignee (receiver) and consignor (shipper) including telephone numbers with area code and all shipping instructions must be clearly and legibly shown on all packages of the shipment in addition to the waybill.
- The contents and/or nature of shipments must be identified by the shipper prior to shipment and must be described on waybill detail sufficient to enable the Carriers to ascertain:
- That the shipment, in whole and in part, is acceptable in Package Express service and does not contain Regulated Dangerous Goods.
- That the shipment meets the packing and marking requirements specified herein.
- The amount of the lawful rates and charges applying.
- Carriers reserve the right to open and inspect all packages tendered for shipment.
- The contents of the shipment must be destined to the consignee shown on the shipping label. Shipments containing letters, documents, or other parcels which are all assigned to different consignees and are all included in one container will be accepted only if the shipper pays full tariff for each parcel, unless otherwise specifically agreed upon in advance.
- Participating Carriers reserve the right to open and inspect shipments where necessary, to verify the description of contents shown on the waybill, and in the event the contents are found to be incorrectly described, charges will be collected on the basis of the proper description. Shipments will NOT be accepted for transport if inspection is refused.
- All packages containing fragile or perishable articles must be clearly marked “Fragile” or “Perishable” by the consignor.
- Perishables: Packages or Shipments which contain commodities, articles, materials or substances, that are perishable will be accepted for transportation ONLY at the Shipper’s Risk. All perishable product will move at Priority Service Pricing
- Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, the following articles, materials, or substances may be accepted for transportation only when packed, marked and labeled as prescribed and only under the conditions described:
Automotive parts – Exhaust Systems, curved-subject to space availability.
Bicycles – Must be dismantled and packed in carton (bicycle boxes available for purchase from GPX locations).
Computers / electronic equipment – Loss only coverage unless equipment is new in FACTORY SEALED packaging.
Glass shipments – product that is ceramic, glass or contains glass cannot be insured for damage but for loss only.
Liquids – Containers must be securely capped, sealed or otherwise closed to prevent possible leakage. The outside box or container must have orientation marking/labels affixed. Any articles packed in wet ice, or water must be packed in sealed, leak proof plastic pouches and contained, in turn, in sealed containers.
Paint – Containers must be tightly and securely sealed utilizing lid clips and packed in outside boxes of adequate strength and durability and must have orientation markings/labels affixed.
Phone Cards, Tickets, Gift Cards, and Similar. Greyhound’s liability for a shipment containing a phone card, gift card, ticket (for example a ticket to an event or a ticket for a plane flight) , gift certificate, coupon, or other similar printed matter with an exchange value is limited to the cost (which shall not include any amount of the value attached to the card, certificate, or coupon, or similar printed matter) of replacing the physical card(s) , certificate(s) or printed matter, not to exceed $100 ( One Hundred dollars) per package. In no event shall Greyhound be liable for the face value of any phone card, ticket, gift certificate, gift card, coupon or similar printed matter.
Tires – Tires will be accepted for transportation unwrapped. Any type tire that will leave marking or otherwise damage other Express or baggage will be accepted for transportation only when wrapped in heavy paper or other protective material.
Used Items – Products being shipped that are used cannot be insured for damage but for loss only. This includes, but is not limited to; machinery, auto and agriculture parts, auto body parts, electronic equipment including computers and components and tools.
Shipments must meet Greyhound’s packaging requirements as detailed in the “Packaging, Marking, Labeling and Conditions of Acceptance” section of Greyhound’s “Terms and Conditions”. Greyhound reserves the right to open and inspect shipments at anytime.
Right to Refuse Transport – Greyhound reserves the right to refuse to accept (in whole or in part) any shipment which Greyhound determines, in its sole discretion, may result in damage or delay to other shipments, equipment or personnel, or where the carriage of the shipment is prohibited by law or is contrary to any of these terms and conditions.
- Participating Carriers will NOT accept or transport Express Shipments which, because of character, size or weight, are obnoxious to Passengers, or which are likely to be, or to become, objectionable to Passengers or prospective passengers or which are liable to cause injury to personnel, or to Baggage, other Shipments or the Company’s equipment.
- Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, Packages or Shipments which contain the following commodities, articles, materials, or substances, will NOT be accepted for transportation:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals, Birds(ie Baby Chicks), Insects (ie Bees) and Reptiles – Live
- Batteries, Electric Storage, wet (Containing Electrolyte Acid or Other Alkaline corrosive battery fluid)
- Batteries, Lithium and Lithium Ion (Both rechargeable and non-rechargeable)
- Corpses and Cremated remains (Human or Animal)
- Dangerous Goods subject to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods TDG regulations except limited quantity and exemptions in compliance with TDG regulations.
- Equipment or Items containing Gasoline, Diesel, or other flammable liquids including residues, ie generators, mowers, chainsaws.
- Firearms, including Rifles, Shotguns and Restricted Weapons.
- Materials having disagreeable odour
- Securities (Negotiable)
- Tobacco, inter-provincial (i.e. across provincial boundaries)
Effective May 1, 2005, Greyhound Package Express no longer transports shipments that are subject to the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG).
Shipper’s Risk Articles
- Packages or Shipments which contain the following commodities, articles, materials or substances, will be accepted for transportation ONLY at the Shipper’s Risk:
- Animal Heads for the purpose of medical testing ONLY. When properly contained and not regulated by Transportation of Dangerous (TDG) regulations.
- Articles having extraordinary value
- Bait, Live (Earth worms & Maggots) Properly packaged to insure containment.
- Flowers, Live Plants
- Fluorescent Tubes, Light Bulbs, Signs
- Fragile Articles which are insufficiently packaged/labelled
- Irreplaceable items and documents
- Perishable shipments (Meat/Products, Eggs, Fish, Food, Raw Furs)
- The Participating Carriers will not accept or transport any article, material, or substance, the possession of which, or the transportation of which is unlawful
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
A refund of the service fees and shipping charges will be made to the shipper if the shipment was sent prepaid, or to the consignee if the shipment was sent collect where Greyhound fails to meet our promised delivery commitments for Priority Service and QuickLane. Standard service is considered space available and does not qualify for the refund of the service fees and shipping charges:
Shipment guaranteed to arrive within 2 hours of quoted schedule published by www.greyhound.ca except in circumstances beyond Greyhound’s control as detailed in the “Guarantee Exclusions” section of Greyhound’s “Terms and Conditions”.
- Act, default or omission of the shipper, owner, receiver or any party having an interest in the shipment;
- Change in routes;
- Defects or inherent vice in the shipment;
- Inadequate or incorrect marking or address;
- Acts of God, Queen’s or public enemies, authority of law, quarantine or war;
- Riots or civil commotions;
- Strikes or other labour disruptions;
- Inclement weather;
- Disruptions in air or ground transportation network due to an event beyond the control of Greyhound Package Express;
- Shipments requiring specialized handling, documentation or routing;
- Peak seasons.
In the event a disruption in alternate delivery services results in an abnormal increase in the volume of shipments tendered to Greyhound Package Express, the MONEY BACK GUARANTEE shall not apply until the volume of shipments tendered returns to normal.
Subcontractors and Agents – Greyhound reserves the right to use agents and subcontractors in the performance of its services. Any exercise of this right will in no way affect Greyhound’s maximum liability described in these Terms and Conditions.
Invoice Discrepancies- Customers should call the number on their invoice to report discrepancies. Invoice/billing discrepancies must be brought to Greyhound Package Express’s attention within 90 days of the date of the invoice, after which time such invoice will be deemed accepted by the Customer.
Customers are responsible for all reasonable costs incurred by Greyhound Package Express in connection with investigating any invoice discrepancy